Pressure Instrument Calibration
Smith Instrument has a complete pressure calibration lab to service all your pressure calibration and certification needs. Whether you need pressure gauges recalibrated, new gauges certified with certification papers, or pressure transmitters calibrated, you can depend on Smith for top quality and timely service.
- All uncertainties are calculated using the methods described in ANSI/NCSL Z540-2-1997.
- The Laboratory Scope covers pressure gauges, transmitters, and transducers.
- A Certificate of Calibration is provided for each unit calibrated.
- A copy of the Laboratory Scope is available by request.
Pump and Process Control Panel Fabrication
Smith Instrument carries in stock standard level and leak detection alarm panels and process control panels that are Field Ready for installation. Our UL Panel Shop can design and engineer panels to meet your requirements.
Products and Services Include:
- Single and Multiple Tank Alarm Panels
- Pump Control Panels
- Single Loop Process Control Panels
- Above and Below Grade Storage Tank Level Controls & Leak Detection
- Double Wall Tank & Pipe Leak Detection
- Simplex & Duplex Pump Control Panels
- UL508/698A Listed
- Custom Panel Design, Fabrication and Testing
Smith Instrument stocks a variety of standard monitoring panels and level/leak sensors for your Tank Monitoring Applications. Here are some of our standard products:
Download Products Brochure
Backflow Preventer Test Kit Certification
Smith Instrument’s NIST traceable calibration facilities provide calibration and certification of all the major manufacturers of Backflow Preventer Test Kits.
Calibration and Certification Includes
- Adjust and calibrate gauge to manufacturers original specifications
- Provide Certificate with "as found" and "as left" data traceable to NIST
- Quick turnaround
Calibrate/Certify/Repair: Orange Research, Watts, Febco, Acugage, Ames, Gage-It
Calibrate/Certify: Midwest, Conbraco, Apollo, Zurn-Wilkins, Duke-Barton
* Gauges must be certified annually according to Department of Environmental Quality Cross Connection Rules Manual, dated October 2008
Diaphragm Seal Filling
We stock all the diaphragm seal components, fill fluids and filling equipment to assemble, fill, and calibrate the seal/gauge assembly to meet your needs. Our experienced, factory-certified technicians can respond to your MRO needs as well as project requirements. We are familiar with, and equipped to handle, all the unique needs of the Sanitary, Process, and Automotive industries.
Actuated Valve/Control Valve Assembly & Service
Our valve assembly shop is staffed with factory-authorized technicians, and is equipped to handle any type of automated valve assembly. They are backed by a large inventory of valves, actuators, positioners, switches, solenoid valves, and mounting hardware. We assure that all assemblies are done to your standards. Have a problem with a valve in the field? Our technicians are prepared to solve your valve problems on-site.
- Actuated Valve/Control Valve Assembly & Calibration
- Performance Verification & Certification - Including Linearity/Deadband/Hysteresis, ANSI Leakage Rates, Cycle Time and Network Capability
- Control Valve Sizing
- Valve Communication & Bus Networking
- Complete Field Service - Start-up, Commissioning, Troubleshooting & Repair
Training programs vary from simple lunch & learn sessions, to multi-day factory training. Sessions can be tailored to meet your specific needs. Contact us to discuss your needs or check out our training section to see currently scheduled training opportunities.
In addition to our in-house services, we have field service technicians covering Lower Michigan, Northern Indiana, and NW Ohio. They are fully trained in instrument start-up, troubleshooting and repair, including automated and control valves; pressure, temperature, flow, and level devices; and radio telemetry systems.
- Instrument Start-up (Final Element - Pressure, Temperature, Level & Flow)
- Troubleshooting & Repair (Final Element - Pressure, Temperature, Level & Flow)
- Calibration & Certification (On & Off Site)
- Training Services
- Radio Telemetry Systems (Design, Installation, Commissioning)
- Instrument Panel Building
- Diaphragm Seal & Capillary Filling
- Service Contracting